Friday, January 17, 2014

Deep Purpose and Deep Meaning

People find deep purpose and deep meaning from various things.  For some, it's a pilgrimage
to the Holy Land, for others, it's Zen Buddhist meditation, still others find it in completing triathlons, doctoral theses, or climbing to the top rung of the corporate ladder.

For a simpleton like me, I find both deep meaning and deep purpose from L.L. Bean coordinating and matching backpacks, insulated lunch bags, and adult-size sleeping bags that insulate down to -40 below zero....all with matching and coordinating monogramming (thread colors and fonts).  Adding to the deep meaning is the fact that all of these items come with a lifetime guarantee and they were not only on 25% sale, but I was also given a $40 coupon by the company for my loyal L.L Bean customership.  (and I'm saving all the receipts in an "L.L. Bean Receipts" file in our family files in case of needed replacements at any time in their lives.)

And, let it be said that neuroses always gets such a bad rap.  I find it rather enjoyable.










No comments:

Post a Comment