Sunday, August 19, 2012

Relaxing yet Productive Weekend (the perfect combination)

Friday night we hung out at the house, just the 5 of us.

We started out Saturday morning with a 5-year-old birthday party for my niece Haley Bishop (Adrian's brother's youngest daughter) at Pump It Up (indoor inflatables like a Moon Bounce, big slides, obstacle courses, etc...).  Very fun - and to die for cake from Costco - lined with custard... $17.00 apparently for a big sheet cake that was unbelievable.  Thank God I never knew about the deliciousness of these cakes before - we've had Costco memberships for like 12 years and who's saying how huge I would be had I known years ago.  Then Adrian and Peyton went to the movies while Andrew, Abby, and I napped.  Then I went out to Starbucks and then with a girlfriend to see the Whitney Houston/Jordan Sparks movie "Sparkle".  It was so nice seeing her.  Meanwhile, Adrian and Peyton and the babies invited Uncle Joe Joe over (Adrian's best friend and Best Man at our wedding) and they ordered chinese and played hide-and-go-seek for a while and then put the ankle biters to bed and they watched Hunger Games upstairs (Joe just bought it that day, the day it was released).

I came home and vegged out for a while before going to sleep.

Then Sunday, after clearing up some criminal withdraws from our checking account that occurred in Maryland over the weekend (what a nightmare this is), we hung out and rested, then I stayed home with the kiddos and Adrian went grocery shopping and then mowed the lawn.  I worked in the yard for a while edging, blowing clippings, and watering while Adrian made spaghetti for dinner.  Then I raked and cleaned up the leaves in the backyard and then listed my old TV on craigslist that has been sitting in the garage for a month.  It sold in 45 minutes.  :)  Then Adrian cleaned out the garage and got a ton of empty boxes together on one side of the garage for garbage day on Tuesday.  I listed a couple more things on Craigslist.  The little bit of cash is nice, but the freed up space is much nicer.  And it's fun to see someone buy something they really want for cheap.  We put the kids to bed and are now hanging out upstairs.  That's it.  We didn't do anything too productive, but it really was the perfect amount of both R&R and getting some stuff done.  And if we hadn't had money stolen from our Checking Account, I'd be feeling like we even got more ahead.

But, great weekend overall.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment