Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Connect the Neurons

I like to talk about various things.  And, with friends and family, I don't always care if I use smooth transitions between topics.  My sister Kate says that a conversation with me is like playing the game "Connect the Neurons."  (Where did that come from?  What is she talking about?  Oh, it's a new topic?  Where is she going with this?)  Of course, I can transition nicely when needed (professional situations or pulpit discourse, for instance), but other than that, I can pretty much jump around like a close friend phone conversation.  It's more fun, and much more efficient.  No time wasting - we get a lot more covered that way.  In fact, I've had 1 hour phone conversations where we've pretty much solved the vast majority of the world's problems.

So, in keeping with my Connect the Neuron mindset, I'd like to blog about random things that don't necessarily require a full entry (although each could, I'm sure).  (NOW ISN'T this a smooth transition statement?)

I just found this picture on my computer from my wedding reception.  My Uncle Bill took it and the lighting he used on his camera was really cool for this series of shots.  This is our entire wedding party - including Adrian's brother, Paul, who I'm talking to.


I bought 5 pots of purple mums today for my front flower beds.  I'm going to get more of the big, hearty mums, too, but they're not in yet.  So, a little splash of color to make this girl happy while I wait for the big mamma-jammas.  I also bought a cinnamon broom the other day at Kroger.  How did I never know about cinnamon brooms?  $3.99 and my whole house smells like Christmas.  Take that, White Barn Candle Company!  Adrian also bought a bunch of Star-Gazer Lilies for our kitchen island.  Our house is currently floral and fragrant.

(And the crepe myrtle still has some blooms, too)


(And I'm going back for a couple more mums tomorrow)




Also, how did I just in the past few months find out about Mr. Clean Magic eraser?  They really are magic.  Every time I think, "Oh that will never come off!"  bammm.... Magic Eraser knocks it out.  I also think one of God's greatest inventions is the steam mop.

I am so thankful that my kids are in the era where they love to watch Doc McStuffins and don't know/care much about The Wiggles.  This has added three years to my life-span, I'm sure.  Also, I like Caillou, so you haters can stop hating.  He doesn't whine, that's his voice.  He's sweet, and very good to his little sister Rosie.  So stick it!

My brother calls his little baby boy Mr. Mason (Mason is his name).  Chappy now thinks he has a cousin named "Mister"... which is kinda a cute name, I think.

Abby's 2 year old check-up is tomorrow.  Then, it's just once a year, thank God!!!!  I hate the "every three month" well-baby check-ups for the first two years of their lives.  It's a nightmare.  Hate having to take the other kid to a babysitter's so he/she doesn't get unnecessary germs there, hate the shots, hate the germs, hate the 35 minute commute to see the greatest pediatrician in Memphis, hate returning back to the doctor 3 days later with the illness they picked up during the well-baby-checkup.  Once a year, I can handle.

Starting a Pandora bracelet this week.  This could be dangerous for a jewelry-loving, sentimental, shopping addict like myself.  I'm doing a Mother's Bracelet primarily.  Then surrounding the kids' initials and kids' birthstones with other parts of my life.  Specific charms for specific things in my life.  So excited.  Will be broke for some time.

I love when the windows in my house and garage door are completely windexed inside and out.  Life just looks better through clean and sparkly windows.

Just finally downloaded the App MapMyRun last week.  Oh my word.  It's my favorite thing ever.  It makes my runs/jogs so much more rewarding when I can return home, hit stop on my iPhone, and then see the amount of calories burned, distance, map that I ran, time, rate, speed, elevation, weekly totals, and graphs, pie charts, and other visual representations of my progress.  Very motivating for me to go back out and run.  I love big weekly totals.  I downloaded it last Thursday and I have run Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Tuesday (today).  I don't dread running at all now that I have this app and it's all being recorded and can tell me what I did.  I actually can't wait to run again.  I'm getting faster, with longer endurance.  I no longer have the cardio of a dead man.  My sister Kate (the cardiologist) says my heart thanks me.  That's just a side benefit as far as I'm concerned (the heart thing).  I want my body being in shape to thank me.  

That's all.  Buh-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment