Saturday, August 30, 2014

Adrian and I and the kids tried out a new hole-in-the-wall southern meat-and-three restaurant in a very country (cunnnn-tree) part of Tennessee right outside of Memphis.  While they had every southern entree you can imagine with about 15-20 delicious southern sides to choose from (and every cobbler known to man), I decided to opt for a cheeseburger.  The waitress, who happened to look like she was straight off the set of the 1970's show "Alice" ("Mel's Diner"), in her attempt to find out if I wanted my cheeseburger fully loaded with all the deluxe cheeseburger options, asked with the strongest twang:

"Yewww (you) want it ran through the garden?"

I nearly choked on my sweet tea trying to stifle my laugh.

You can't make stuff like this up.

And this, my friends, is why I will never leave the south.

Bless her heart.

1 comment: