Saturday, December 28, 2013

Odds and Ends

- Christmas was wonderful.  Loved having my brother and SIL and their two little boys here.
- I am getting really pregnant.  Like the "get this baby outta me" stage.  Doesn't that sound sweet and maternal?
- I have all kinds of internal nesting motivation left, but my body and energy levels won't cooperate.  This must be like how a 90-year formerly high-energy and do-it-yourself person feel like.  It's hard.
- I am absolutely giddy to meet my Baby Jonathan.  I can't even explain it.  Perhaps more excited than I've ever been before.  I didn't think we were going to get another baby.
- I am equally torn between feeling sad about having to take down this Christmas tree that I love and wanting to get the house back to normal decor.
- Being heavy is hard...even if it's 35-40 lbs of baby weight, primarily in your abdomen.  It's still hard.  Hard as in vanity-wise (although I'd cut off my limbs for another baby)... and hard practically speaking.  Hard to roll over in bed, hard to get up from the couch, hard to eat b/c the abdominal area is so full of baby.
- Abby got Strawberry Shortcake figurines today from the Bishop family Christmas gathering.  She calls them Strawberry Cake.
- Adrian got me a deluxe velvet heating blanket for one of my Christmas presents.  I haven't had a heating blanket in 20 years since I lived in Michigan.  I am in heaven.  Also, it is a queen-size one, with 2 temperature gages for each side so each individual can select their own heat level (1-20).
- I am dreaming about getting back in shape after this baby is born.  Even if it takes me 6 months to a year.  It will be so nice to see the scale going downward instead of upward.  Although, see 3 bullet points above about my cutting off my limbs comment.  That still stands.
- I hope to sleep well tonight and get a lot done tomorrow.
- Peace to you, my very limited readership (primarily mom and siblings).

No comments:

Post a Comment