Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Facebook Game

There is a game going around fb where one person started it by writing some random facts about him/herself as their status and for everybody who "likes" their status were then assigned a number (4, 5, 6, etc...) and they then have to write 4, 5, 6 random facts about themselves as their status, etc... and it goes on and on.  It's kind of fun to read.

I fell into the trick and so here was my status:

I have been tricked by a sweet friend to tell five random facts about myself so here goes:


1. I was raised Catholic, accepted Christ in a Baptist church, got my Bachelor's degree from Assemblies of God Bible College (and got ordained by the Assemblies of God), got my Master's degree from a Cumberland Presbyterian Seminary (Memphis Theological Seminary), and pastored a Presbyterian Church (USA) church for 4 years. My conclusion: They're all right and they're all wrong. Doctrine is important but don't major on minors. The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

2. I have loved most stages of my life, but my fave is what I'm doing right now - being a wife, stay-at-home-mom, and fill in preacher on weekends. This is living my dream.


3. Nearly every day of my life for 5 years I have stepped on Cheerios on the floor. The crunch under my feet never gets easier to bear.


4. I rarely (if ever) cook, and am decidedly okay with ice cream sandwiches for dinner. And my kids know this.


5. If you had any idea how much God adores you, I think you'd be shocked. Like crazy adores. And nothing you do (or don't do) can make Him love you more - and nothing you do (or don't do) can make Him love you less. It's a constant, not a variable.

No comments:

Post a Comment